Monday, January 30, 2006

my point is

i fear that there may be quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, factions, slander, gossip, arrogance and disorder. 1cor12:20

a perverse man stirs up dissension and a gossip separates close friends. prov 16:28

without gossip a quarrel dies down. prov 16:20

if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. but if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. matt 6:14,15

if any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone john 8:7

do not judge or you too will be judged. for in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brothers eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? how can you say to your brother, let me take the speck out of your eye when all the time there is a plank in your own eye. you hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brothers eye. matt 7:1-5

not everyone who says to me Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. matt 7:21... then i will tell you plainly, I never knew you. away from me you evildoers. matt 7:23

i like how greg did his sermon yesterday. he spoke God's truth, right out of the bible. the truth - it's staring you right in the face, you can't miss it.

ok so yesterday i used harsh words to make my point. i spoke my truth - lies and gossip hurt. today is God's truth, right out of the bible.

my command is this: love each other as I have loved you. john 15:12

even though we have sinned / are sinners... He loves us! and He wants us to love others... the same way.

if anyone says i love God, yet hates his brother, he is a liar. 1 john 4:20

No comments: