Saturday, October 21, 2006

God's discipline

as a child my mother would beat us with a straight razor strap or have us cut down willow branches and whip us with them. now as i am praying & reading a devotional talking about God's correction i think of the difference between God's discipline and my mother's. with enough force a willow whip cuts into the skin and can be pretty painful. however it is nothing compared to the pain i feel when i have sinned and feel separated from God. i thank God for His correction. there are times when i feel the separation. i don't know why, i can't think of what i've done or how i've sinned but i know that i have that i would feel that pain of separation. i am thankful for the Holy Spirit who convicts my heart and tells me what i've done that was against God, as it is only through repentance that i am restored to a right relationship with Him. without Him you may as well rip out my heart.

No comments: