Wednesday, June 25, 2008

feel like i've lost my best friend

since my best friend passed away a year ago i have been asking God for a new best friend. in february He brought someone into my life and i wondered if they were in answer to my prayers. He put it on my heart to pray for this person and He gave me agape love for him. somewhere along the line my feelings deepened and grew. today he went away. we hugged and said goodbye. if he is faithful to God he will be gone a year. whether or not i'll ever see him again i don't know. i know he had to go and i wanted him to go but now i'm sad. God brings people into our lives for a reason or a season and i wonder if this was a season that is now past. or is it for a reason and there is more to it. i certainly hope so. i praise God that He worked out all the details for my friend to go. i will miss him so much.

1 comment:

Sue said...

It's a good thing that he is doing and if he can manage to stay the year he will return a better person for the time that was spent away. All the same I know how you feel and I'm sorry that you are feeling the loss of your friend. Love you Teri.