Tuesday, December 02, 2008

God - the great I AM

have you ever wondered about this name "I AM"? in Exodus 3:14 God identified Himself to moses as "I AM" it's an unusual name whose full meaning is somewhat hard to grasp - at least until the New Testament, when Jesus completes the thought.

John 6:35 "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

John 10:9 "I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture.

John 10:11 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

John 11:25 "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies;

John 14:6 "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 15:5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

No comments: