Sunday, June 09, 2013

Faith to believe I'm healed

Studying the book of James with Beth Moore's dvd teaching I was getting a new understanding of faith May 20. The oncologist has repeatedly told me that the cancer I was diagnosed with was terminal and incurable and that the tumour destroyed by chemo would come back. I have told him Jesus was going to heal me. Jesus gave me a promise to heal me, He confirmed it 3 days later through someone else and now tells me I'm healed. I'm going to believe Him. I continued to get symptoms and started to wonder if I was really healed. Then I thought of how the devil doesn't want us to believe the truth and will cause us to doubt. I determined right then that I would believe Jesus and I would stand on the personal promise and word that He gave me. Jesus said in Mark 11:23 “Truly I tell you, if anyone... does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. The bible says in James 1:6-7 that when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. James 5:15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. Abraham acted on his faith when he was going to sacrifice Isaac and it was credited to him as righteousness.

No comments: