Wednesday, September 06, 2006

meeting Jesus

as i thought about having surgery i thought of being under anaesthesia and of meeting Jesus. what a flood of tears at the thought of the joy of meeting Him. reaching out my hand to Him. omg. the joy was indescribable. why would a person want to come back.

as i walked in the omi graveyard with my grandchildren last sunday they were asking about death. we talked about death and heaven and hell. i told them death was not something to fear if you knew you were going to heaven. when it was impersonal it was ok to talk about it. when i said that i wasn't afraid of dying because i knew i would see Jesus it became personal for them and they didn't want to talk about it anymore.

i'm glad the choice is not in my hands. my hearts breaks at the evil in this world but it also breaks at the thought of my grandchildren's heartache at losing someone else they love.

No comments: