Thursday, September 14, 2006

pride

i started my new job this week. it's great, i love it - the work, the people. God had given me amazing peace after my initial panic attack at being called for an interview. the peace continued with me before, during and after the interview. i've never experienced that before. i didn't even ask how much i'd make. i definitely hadn't experienced anything like that before. i didn't worry whether or not i would get the job. it was all in God's hands, He had led me to it so i knew that whatever the wage was it would be enough, and although i didn't know that i'd get the job, i knew that God was in control for whatever the outcome would be.

what i didn't like was last weekend when i was telling people about it. i was excited and happy to be telling people about it but found that pride crept in as i told people about where i would be working.

i had to take this test and a couple of questions asked about how you would feel if you met someone important, would you be nervous or excited. i believe we are all created equal so i don't think i would care about anyone's status. saying that i wonder how i let pride creep in about the job. in each job we are to work at it as if we are working for God, not man, not status.

i offended myself, forgive me if i offended you.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I am so glad to hear that you're loving it!