Monday, November 27, 2006

how to solicit prayer

recently i sent a powerpoint email to a couple of friends i hadn't seen in awhile to let them know i was thinking of them. the response was like night and day. one a christian friend i care deeply about, another a secular friend i have known for 28 years.

one said thank you it was beautiful. the other said i don't believe in that crap you do & to delete them from my list of contacts. two completely different responses from them and in me. that response really hurt. the pp included a beautiful song by nana mouskouri. it may have sounded christian to her but because it was in french i had no idea what the words were & doubt my friend knew them. the written words were just telling a friend i was thinking of them, nothing about christianity. it's not the first secular friend that i've lost since becoming a christian simply because they don't believe in 'that crap i do'. i don't mean to be offensive. unless it means to defend the name of Christ and then by His love exhibited in me.

so my friend's name has been added to my list of people i pray for daily. who would've thought. obviously i hadn't. but as Jesus told us in Matthew 5:44 Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. i wonder what she'd say if she knew i was praying for her every day. she might have a few other choice words to say to me.

so if you need prayer - ask for it. or persecute (?) someone. it just dawned on me that one of the other people i pray for daily is another old friend that has said not nice things about me being a christian.

if they only knew. hm - i wonder who must have been praying for me.

No comments: