Tuesday, August 14, 2007

dreams

something has been happening in my life for the past few months that lead me to believe that God might be planning on blessing me with a husband.

i have watched as God has orchestrated events in my life lately and thought of all He has done since I came to know Him. the more i know Him the more i am aware of Him, His small quiet voice, His leading in my life, answers to prayers, etc.

knowing that my job at northview was not going to last i have been asking God to give me a dream or a vision of what He has in store for me.

may 21 i had a dream that my boss gave me a raise. 1 1/2 months later he did.
may 22 i asked Him if He ever gave me a dream to give me the same dream 3 times so i would know it was from Him.

i've talked to different people about how when they asked God for a husband they gave Him specifics. i had asked God for a husband 7 or 8 years ago and again 4 years ago but since then God has become the desire of my heart. so feeling that this might be where God is leading me i told Him he absolutely must be a godly man after God's own heart.

i have been content being single for a few years now. i think things started changing when my best friend of 38 years died in may. all of a sudden i didn't have that intimate human relationship. although i can talk to God and He does talk back, it's not in the same way as a best girlfriend does. i was telling God that i missed her, that i missed that deep, intimate human relationship and i asked for someone new.

june 23 i was talking to God and asked Him what He wanted and He said "I want to bless you."

july 4 i started having more dreams, intimate, spiritual dreams.
july 14 caught(?)susy's bouquet
july 21 dreamt i was at my own wedding - dreamt this for the 3rd time
july 24 had a dream and saw a man this time, i know who he is and he is a very godly man

i have since listened to women say when they met their husbands they didn't even like them for whatever reason, they weren't their type or whatever, that they knew them for awhile, then one day their eyes were opened and they saw them differently.

with all the dreams that i have had and God telling me He wants to bless me i wonder if one day this man and i will look at each other and see ourselves differently. i look at him now and know that he is the man in my dreams but he is not the man of my dreams. i just don't have a man of my dreams.

No comments: