Saturday, November 24, 2007

El Salvador - World Vision

I received an email from World Vision asking if I wanted to go to El Salvador on Wednesday. I was so excited I was almost jumping out of my skin. It was like every nerve end in my body was exposed and I had to go to the gym to burn off the energy.

I would've applied right then and there on line but I wondered if it would've been possible to take my granddaughter (who turned 16 yesterday) with me so I needed to know when spring break was and the age limit with WV. Turns out she's not eligible.

Then I wondered about health issues. I don't really feel that I have any but a doctor might say otherwise.

I prayed about it Wednesday night asking God if it was just my desire to go or if it was part of His purpose. I woke up Thursday morning thinking of Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.

So then I emailed that absolutely I wanted to go. I got a phone call yesterday saying I was accepted, I was ready to go home and start packing.

I have been praying for months for boldness and for opportunity. In August I told God I wanted to travel. He has given me a spirit of boldness and power and He has given me opportunities. And now He is given me a trip.

Actually a second trip, I forgot that I went to Salt Lake in October. He is blowing my mind.

Now the deal is I have to come up with about $3500 and find 5 child sponsors for kids in the area where I'll be working, in 2 months. The trip is Jan 25 to Feb 3. I found one sponsor already and chose a little girl on line. Her name is Milagro de Jesus, Miracle of Jesus. I don't know that she is in the right area but was told that she would be considered one of the 5. If you think I chose her because of her name you'd be right.

Considering I'm unemployed I'm not sure where I'm going to get the $3500 but trust that God will provide.

I have a few prayer requests - that I would be able to come up with the finances, that I would find lots of child sponsors, for health, for God's strength to do the job and that God would use me to bless others.

1 comment:

Erin said...

This is so exciting, Teri! Yay!
As it happens, I'll be in Swaziland while you're in El Salvador. So excited!