Thursday, November 29, 2007

facebook

unbelievable! i have so many people that have invited me to join them on facebook but i have always said no. it just seems to me that the potential for identity theft is too easy.

i created an identity to search for someone that might be on facebook and it wanted my email address. i'm ok with that. but it also wanted my password to my email account. i'm definitely not ok with that. giving someone else my password to my email account exposes my whole life. if i have mine or someone else's personal information saved in an email that means that anyone that has access to the facebook files has access to my personal info.

there are so many stories out there about id theft / fraud - are you willing to take a chance?

people say they feel so violated when their house has been broken into because some stranger has gone through all their personal things. i think i'd be a little shaken up if someone got into my email.

No comments: