Monday, March 10, 2008

hungry sinners or pharisees

i love helping at alpha. there are a couple of hungry people in my group and i just love them and i just want to love them to Christ. they find it hard to believe that Jesus could love them as much as He does. they find it hard to believe that they could be forgiven for their many sins. i love talking to them. i love telling them how much Jesus loves them. i love telling them they are precious, beloved children of God. i love telling them that there is absolutely nothing that they have ever done that Jesus won't forgive them for. i just love telling them about Jesus. i can see Him at work in their lives and i get so excited and am so happy for them.

they are going to be more blessed than others in the group because they know they are sinners and Jesus came to save sinners just like them.

it's the others i can't reach that remind me of the pharisees. they are not hungry, they are not searching, they are closed-minded to what Jesus is trying to teach them and what He is offering them.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Teri,
I was born into a missionary home. My husband and I served full time with a mission for 13 years (5 overseas).. we have a video production ministry / business now. We just returned from Costa Rica yesterday and my heart is aching for the people there. I wanted to see what ministries where active in San Jose and I found your blog about Mothers Day handing out flowers!
I love your heart and would love to correspond with you!
Debbie

Courtenay said...

Hi Teri,
I like reading your blog. I just wanted to say I was thinking about you and wanted to actually say hi. I love your pictures from everywhere too.Cheers
Courtenay Kasper.