Monday, May 05, 2008

mission trip to the philippines

this was not like any mission trip i have ever been on but it was the most incredible. after signing up i asked what we would be doing. the pastor said it was an evangelistic crusade and i would be giving my testimony. i might not have signed up if i'd known that in advance. i've always done work trips and hate being up front so i asked some friends to pray for me. it was so amazing to feel the Holy Spirit at work in me. i was filled with the power of God and the words and the boldness with which i spoke blew me away and if you know me you would've been blown away too. we gave our testimonies at a 3 day bible conference then did crusades in 3 different villages. 12 people received Christ as their Saviour at the first one, 5 at the second one and 197 at the third (since then 2 more have been saved). it was mind boggling. of the 5 people at the second crusade 2 of the people were the witch doctor and his wife. that's going to have an incredible impact on that village. we took a boat to the 3rd village where there was no power except the Holy Spirit and it was amazing.

i would never have gone on a trip like this before but now after seeing the power of God at work i want to do it again.

i talked with and prayed for a young homosexual man who repented and was reconciled to God and he has since emailed me to thank me for taking the bad stuff out of him. i can't tell you how blessed or privileged i feel to have been part of that. i wouldn't have known what to say, or had the boldness to say what i did, except that it was the Holy Spirit doing it all.

i don't know what impact my testimony had (it wasn't about what my life was like before God but what it's been like since) at the crusades but it was amazing to see God at work in so many people's lives.

i know God is with me and i have felt God's special presence in my life many times but have never felt His power like this. submitting everything to God and letting Him work through me was one of the most amazing experiences in my life and recommend it to everyone.

1 comment:

Courtenay said...

Wow! That sounds like your trip was fantastic. How incredible it is to be about kingdom business!Great pictures too!