Saturday, January 13, 2007

msa hospital

if you have to go to a hospital i hope you can go to another one. i went for pre-op blood work & an eeg on thursday. i enquired about getting crutches thinking i would go next door & rent them but admitting told me they would give them to me upstairs after the surgery. when i saw the nurse she put the bp cuff on then she sat down. when it was finished she told me to take it off. when i had the eeg the tech apologized for swearing and then continued swearing a couple more times. the gown she gave me was so wrinkled it looked like it had been balled up soaking wet. she had to do the eeg a second time cuz she was in a hurry to get off work & she pulled the cords off before it was finished. there was a dirty dish beside the machine and no place to put my clothes except on top of a pile of towels.

yesterday when i had the surgery i was given a gown that i had to pull apart as it was stuck together with a melted heart monitor thing. when i pulled it around me i saw that it was stuck together with a gross blob of something that looked like melted rubber cement. they couldn't get the needle in properly and had to do it again. and i'm not sure what they gave me for pain but i'm pretty sure it was the one thing i told them i can't take cuz i've been sick ever since. when i was ready to go i asked for the crutches & they said they don't have them there. i told them i had enquired about them the day before & was told they would be giving me a pair. no they couldn't have told me that because they don't have them there. why would i think it would be so much easier to get a pair while i was still able to walk properly. they told me i couldn't get my foot wet for 2 weeks. like how am i going to do that in bc in the winter hobbling on some little flat thing. i left the hospital feeling a heck of a lot worse than when i went in & none of it had to do with the surgery on my foot. on a scale of 1 to 10 msa scores zero.

2 comments:

Miss-buggy said...

I am sorry you had such a bad experience. Some nurses just stop caring. Thankfully I never had any bad experience with them and I have been there a couple times.
Will be praying for a fast healing in your foot. Again, sorry they were so rude. That is the last thing you really needed. Sending you lots of hugs and prayers.

Sue said...

are you off work with this surgery?