Thursday, January 25, 2007

non-hodgkins follicular lymphoma

several people have asked what the results were of all the tests that i've had so here it is in a nutshell.

I have been diagnosed with low grade Non-Hodgkins Follicular Lymphoma. It's similar to diabetes in that there is treatment but there is no cure. It's cancer of the blood.

Right now I don't have too many other symptoms so they don't recommend treatment. I will be tested & checked every 3 months & when I start getting other symptoms they'll start chemo.

life expectancy is 7 – 10 years but I could get hit by a truck tomorrow or the Lord could come back and we’d all be home in 10 years. we exist by the will of a perfect God so who are we to question His perfect will. we live according to His will, His timetable not man's so who is man to say we will go here or there, do this or that, or live or die at a given time.

life is a test - God is testing each one of us all the time. i think how we respond to each test is how we grow, or not, into the godly person He wants us to be.

i was having such a pity party the day i finally believed in Christ. my life is so totally different now. rom 8:28 we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. so if His perfect plan, His purpose, is for me to have lymphoma, who am i to say otherwise.

No comments: