Wednesday, September 22, 2004

crying again...

5 years ago today i was bawling my eyes out because i was spending another birthday alone... and then i was filled with this incredible, amazing peace and i realized that my prayers had been answered and i had been blessed with God's grace and salvation.

today i am sitting here crying again as i contemplate leaving for costa rica in 8 more sleeps. i have an offer on my house and the subject removal is 9/29. my goal had been to return by 9/30. this is something i have been wanting and looking forward to for quite some time now. but my heart aches for my 3 precious grandchildren that i won't see. although my granddaughter told me 'i had to go' because she knew that's where my heart was, i am going to miss them terribly. how do i help them to understand that i didn't choose costa rica over them. i chose God and i am just following where i feel He is leading me. she has told me she wants to go on a mission trip to costa rica and more recently to thailand as well so i pray that as she feels this desire in her heart that she will understand mine.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Wow, I don't even know what to say except wow.

Brought tears to my eyes. Thank you.

Rick said...

It sounds like they already understand that you aren't choosing Costa Rica over them, but trying to choose following the Lord. Youngsters can be pretty perceptive.

Anonymous said...

Teri-it's a good thing you're not going to be at Scott's on thursday-you'd have us all blubbering. We're going to all miss you terribly, but I know God's speaking to you in amazing ways and I'm so proud of you for listening and having the courage to follow Him, even though it means giving up so much for awhile. Take care <>< <>< <>< Linda

Forgiven said...

and i am so going to miss everyone at nh. you're family and i love you guys.