Monday, September 20, 2004

my desire for costa rica

i've wondered why i have this huge desire to go to costa rica for a year. why i've quit my job... why i'm selling my house... at first i thought maybe i would volunteer with world vision... then i found as i was telling people this that i was convicted for presuming to know what i was going to do for a year... then i thought maybe it was for a certain family down there... again i am being convicted for presuming to know what God has planned for me for the next year. when i really thought about it i realized i haven't a clue why i'm going... except maybe to spend more time with God, getting to know Him more, growing more into the person He wants me to be. the only thing i do feel certain about is this desire to be there is from God. there are HUMUNGOUS spiders in cr and i am terrified of them but i keep going back... when i wake in the middle of the night i can hear the rats scurrying around... when i get into bed at night there are rat droppings on my bed... last march one was on my bed with me... when asked i have felt the need to give people a reason why i'm going... forgive me Father for presuming to know Your will... i don't have one... i'm just going.

3 comments:

Forgiven said...

not a one...

James Goudie said...

heh, what is your house going for

Forgiven said...

$249k