Tuesday, February 01, 2005

extreme poverty

this am i went to the ministerio de salud which is next door to the hotel. not sure if i told you but when i was at the vision mundial meeting for the women last week i met the lady that works for the m de s and she called her boss to talk to me cuz he speaks fluent ingles. anyway he told me about a program he wants to start in the schools to teach the kids about good health and nutrition. i went to enquire about the program for amparo and when i talked with this lady today she said it was meant for the schools along the frontera. she has invited me to come along with her. oh yeah!!! she has to ask her boss but she has a car and wants to take me with her.

they want to provide toothbrushes, toothpaste, cornflakes, milk. it hardly makes a dent but you have to start somewhere. josefa and her daughter have maybe 3 teeth each.

these people in the frontera villages don't have water, electricity, food, clothes, shoes, nada.

i don't know what they live in but last night on the news they showed people that live underground, with the rats, all their garbage, spiders, snakes, disease. it blew me away. to see what conditions people are forced to live in because they have nothing else.

i was shocked at the conditions josefa lives in with her family. last night's news program stunned me. i had thought i couldn't live in a place like josefa's. i know i couldn't live underground. my stomach is churning at the thought.

if you know any companies that would open their wallets. dr. molina is going to approach large corporations here but that all takes time. if you feel it in your heart to donate any amount of money so we can purchase even the very basics for these kids please email me. i haven't seen their living conditions but last nights newscast was sickening.

there are about 10 schools with 30 to 50 kids total.

i feel alive again. i felt useless, like there was nothing here for me to do. thank you Father for answered prayers.

i'm too buzzed right now but is it rom 8.28 - God causes all things to work together for good... all my frustrations led me here. like dany has said - there is victory after the struggle.

No comments: