Thursday, June 02, 2005

propaganda

the enemy's messages sent to demoralize us. 2 years ago after coming home from costa rica i did a nosedive. i had a depression and thoughts of suicde. i was a loser, a failure, i had let God down. boy if he wanted to demoralize me he sure did and i let him. before becoming a christian i had suffered years of depression. when i clued in to taking every thought captive to God (thanks howard) i was lifted up and restored. obviously that's something i still need to work on - every day.

i was feeling very unloved a couple of days ago. i was feeling down about it until i told satan to get lost and that i wasn't going to believe his lies. it worked. i wonder how many hurt feelings and relationsihps there are because we have believed the enemies lies.

feeling very unloved and wanting a husband to hold me, love me, protect me. but then i think how very deeply and perfectly loved i truly am and realize it's another lie the enemy would have me believe.

wow! how many sad broken hearts, lonely, hurting people are out there. sure we all want someone to love but it's a lie we've all believed that we are unloved or unloveable. we are loved by and love the most perfect love ever created. if the enemy can get us to believe that we hurt, are sad or lonely. it's like he's getting us to dismiss the one perfect love. God is the source of our joy. God completes us - no other can. He has created us with the desire for love and the enemy uses it against us to make us believe with out something tangible we are incomplete, thus lonely.

today i have gone from thinking someone doesn't love me, that i know does, to feeling lonely because i am single. they are both lies. both thoughts and feelings made me feel sad. until i took them to the cross, to the truth, to God, to my love, my joy, my strength, my truth. truth is - i am single. truth is - i am not alone. i am only lonely if i choose to believe that and don't talk to my one true love. i still want something tangible but i am not incomplete.

No comments: