Monday, June 27, 2005

unsettled

went to san jose for the weekend by myself and when i got off the bus i walked about 10 blocks to the store and when i took my backpack off to pay for my purchase EVERY single zipper was open on my backpack. i just about freaked. luckily the top item was food and that was the only thing missing. my fanny pack, with my money, passport, visa, etc., that was in my backpack, right below the food, was intact, as well as my cd player. i did feel what i thought was a tug but there was no one there and i only paused very briefly at corners to check for cars before crossing the streets. i was stunned, if 1 or 2 zippers had been opened it would've been one thing but 6 zippers were wide open and i had been walking for who knows how long with them all open. i couldn't believe it.

everyone asked if i was afraid but i wasn't, it was just a very unsettled feeling, but not fear or worry. now the family says they won't let me come here alone again.

No comments: