Monday, June 27, 2005

testify to love

it has bothered me that i haven't been able to learn more of the language. i have wondered how i could fulfill the great commission, how could i share God's love with others if i can't communicate in their language.

but this morning coming here on the bus i was listening to ''testify to love'' by avalon. some of the words are ''i'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough''

well my words aren't enough because i'm not fluent but as i thought of this other words came to mind ''every simple act of mercy''

yesterday i was very uncomfortable when someone was telling me i was such a good person. i said i wasn't but that it was God that lives in me. i couldn't speak his language but i understood what he was saying. so when we think our words aren't enough or we don't know the words to say, let our actions speak for us. let our simple acts of mercy be our witness, our testimony.

1 comment:

Sue said...

sometimes even when you share the same language you can't find the right words to express what you want to say. I hope then that my actions speak for me. I know yours do with me. :)