Friday, August 12, 2005

on the road again

yesterday after working with vision mundial in 2 schools in 2 communities i returned to los chiles at 1.30. the next bus to upala was at 2.00 so i got on it. i was on buses from 2 to 7.40.

it got dark. i had no idea where i was going or where i would sleep when i got there. originally i had intended to spend the night in los chiles but the bus for upala was there so i got on it. but then there weren't any rooms in upala. so i got on the bus again to go to cañas.

as i started thinking i must be crazy i wondered about talking to God. i know i told Him last nite i had to leave the country for 3 days and i wanted to go to nicaragua but as i was travelling i wondered if i had listened to Him for an answer. didn't recall that i had. was He up there just shaking His head at me. as i contemplated my situation, dark, alone, no destination, no reservation i questioned my sanity again and got a little flutter in my stomach. i know the bus heading somewhere was not the time or place to start to get worried. so i talked to God. if i have said i trust God wtih my life, my future, then that included last night and i didn't have to worry. i told God that yes i did trust Him even though i didn't have a clue about what would happen last night. i asked Him to calm my fears and He did. we can say God's will be done. tomorrow, next week, next year but what about this next minute or hour. when i wonder what my future holds, what will i do, where will i go at the end of the year i also had to wonder where will i be and where will i sleep last night. usually i can anwer that. not yesterday. didn't have a clue. thankfully it wasn't something i had to worry about. even if He doesn't i find myself shaking my head at myself. i wonder why i just get it into my head to get up and go somewhere. and then i get out the map and see where i am and wonder if i wanted to go to nica why did i end up in cañas. i guess cuz this is where the bus came.

i thought of sushi as i wrote this and what an adventure we could be having.

1 comment:

Sue said...

lol...and as I am reading this I am thinking, 'she's so brave, I would be panicking!' Wandering around a strange country, not knowing where we are going. It would certainly stretch me out of my comfort zone. Yeah we would have an adventure all right!