Tuesday, November 02, 2010

end of days

I had a dream I was with a good friend and we went to her daughter's house. The daughter was saying how very broke they were. They had no money to buy anything. My friend and her two daughters and I were all sitting around the kitchen table lamenting the daughter's financial state. The kids (young children) were fighting in another room so I went to see what was happening. Then everyone was outside in a park and the kids were playing on the playground equipment. The two girls husbands were there and one of them picked up a club and hit the other over the back of the head and again and he fell down. The man's oldest son saw this and was horrified but continued on his way to where the other kids were playing. My friend and her two daughters watched as the husband dragged his dead brother-in-law away. I was horrified and sickened. The women had hatched the plot while I went to see to the kids. I was thinking about what the bible says that in the last days we will all turn on each other. And this is the godliest family I know.

I woke up sickened but happy that it was only a dream.

If the godliest people can turn on each other in the last days what hope is there for the rest of us.

The Bible says the love of most will grow cold. Matthew 24:12

You will be betrayed even by parents, brothers and sisters, relatives and friends, and they will put some of you to death. Luke 21:16

Our hope is that because our faith is in Jesus Christ we will overcome. 7 times Jesus speaks of the blessings to those who overcome.

Will you...overcome?

No comments: