Saturday, November 06, 2010

Our eternal destiny - heaven or hell

When my Mom died I was devastated. There was no outward evidence of her having received Jesus and I thought she had gone to hell.

A couple of years ago in one of her more lucid moments Mom asked Jesus into her heart. Our soul and our spirit are separate. Outwardly all the bitterness in her soul masked a spirit that knew God.

Mom had dementia and most of the time in the past year she rarely spoke or when she did it didn’t make much sense.

When I visited her I would tell her that I loved her. Sometimes I would ask her who else loved her, but never got a response. One day when I asked her who else loved her clear as a bell she replied “Jesus loves me.”

A couple of times during her last week of life her mind was in such conflict that she would lash out and I would sing to her. I sang “Jesus loves you this I know, for the bible tells me so” and I could feel the fight and tension drain out of her body and she would be completely at peace.

As I thought how satan, the devil, can not say that Jesus loves him and how peace flooded her body when I sang to her I thought how the devil is the father of lies who wanted to deceive me into believing that Mom wasn’t with God.

The bible says that if you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. Mom did. She declared Jesus as her Lord and obviously believed it in her heart otherwise she couldn’t have said that Jesus loved her. She finally had the love she always wanted.

So now I have peace that Mom is with Jesus and that I will see her again.

Mom spent her whole life looking for love in all the wrong places, just as I did and now I too have the love I’ve always wanted.

I want all of my family to be together forever in heaven but we have to make a choice. We will all spend eternity somewhere, where we spend it depends on our choices.

Jesus loves every one of us and forgives everything we ever did wrong when we ask Him. He is the most amazing love you could ever want or need.

For everyone who chooses Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour will spend eternity with Him in His heavenly kingdom.

Whoever does not confess Jesus as Lord will spend eternity separated from Him in eternal torment in hell.

You wondered how I could have such peace even when I was told that I had terminal cancer. You were worried but I was just as content as I ever was. I am filled with His love and peace and joy every day. How could I ever be afraid of dying.

I love you and I hope you choose Jesus so we can all be in heaven together forever.

Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through Me.” To reach God and live in heaven after you die, you must accept Jesus as your personal Savior and Lord.

To accept Jesus as your Savior, simply talk to God and admit that you are a sinner, believe that Jesus died for your sins and was raised from the dead, and give Him control of your life.

Here is an example of a prayer that will help you know what to say:
Dear God, I know that I’m a sinner and that my sin separates me from You. I realize that I can’t do anything to earn my way into heaven. I believe that Jesus took the punishment for my sins by dying on the cross and coming back to life. I accept Him as my Savior and Lord. And I will try my best to please You all the days of my life. Thank You for forgiving me and saving me now. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

No comments: