Friday, November 12, 2010

Going to church does not make you a christian

I met a 73 year old lady at Alpha who said she was a christian because she had gone to church her whole life. I knew that she didn't know Jesus and when we were on the bus going to the weekend retreat we were talking about Jesus.

She found me on Saturday night and she was excited as a person could possibly be. With her eyes gleaming and a smile on her face from ear to ear she told me she had just found Jesus. After a life spent in church she had finally found her Saviour. It was awesome.

Every time I saw her after that she said she couldn't help but tell all her friends, everyone she knew about Jesus.

Have you gone to church all your life? Do you really know Jesus or do you just think that you must because you've always gone to church?

This is really important because your eternal destiny depends on it. If you're not sure talk to your pastor.

No comments: