Saturday, November 13, 2010

Jesus loves me

The fool says in his heart that there is no God. On December 11, 1966 I said there is no God. I was so heartbroken upon learning my second baby had died. What followed was 33 years of misery. Now, after being on my own for 19 years, I have more love, more joy, more peace than I would ever have thought possible. It's because I found there really is a God and He loves me. I am so thankful that even after I denied Him He continued to pursue me until I found Him. I look back over my life at all the stupid things I did and I can see how He kept me safe.

There exists no greater display of love than giving one's life for someone else. Jesus did that for me. And for you. Because He loves us that much.

I have thought how Jesus loves me in spite of me but in reality He loves me because of me, because of my very great need for a Saviour.

No comments: