Saturday, October 15, 2005

denominations

there is a new church being built in los chiles. i went there to ask if they were methodist or free methodist. he understood me completely but the look on his face made me wonder why we are all so divided inter-denominational.

if someone asked me what i am i could tell them i go to new heights which is a free methodist church but that wouldn't define me. and it shouldn't define you.

i could be baptist or presbyterian and wouldn't know the difference if we were all just Jesus freaks. it wouldn't matter which church i went to as long as i could worship in the same way.

we don't 'DO' anything for God. it's whatever God uses us for and that stems out of our worship of Him which is what He wants from and for us.

why do we have to argue about which church is right or better? why can't we all just submit our individual lives to God and leave the rest up to Him?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's so true. I was born and raised Anglican, went to Pentecostal and Vineyard as an adult and now am at NH. When people ask me what I am, I just say Christian. Sometimes I miss the traditions of the Anglican church, and the way the Pentecostal and Vineyard are so free with their expressions of love for God (although I'm unsure how much is true sometimes), but I love the fact that NH is real...real people with real problems that they don't all hide under their designer clothing, trying to solve it the real way with the love and help of others that love God...linda

Sue said...

Dennis likes to say that he used to be Lutheran but he's forgiven now and he's christian.

3456 said...

Right On! I love it. True followers of Jesus will change the world, not religion. I wish more people caught on to this fact. We continue to pray. Thank you for spreading Jesus to the blogging community. You're making a difference.