Monday, October 31, 2005

sad

today is mefi's 16th birthday. i have watched him grow up over the past 5 years. little boys that are becoming young men. they have been my family. i love them and will miss them terribly.

today while i was sitting on the bus waiting for it to leave i looked up and down the streets of amparo and thought how this has become my home and i was saddened thinking i might never return here.

it's not with anticipation that i look forward to returning to canada. it's not that i haven't missed my family and friends in canada but it's with dread having to leave here thinking i won't be back.

maybe it's the empty nest syndrome. i worked all my life and never had a close relationship with my daughter so i've never felt the empty nest loss. there are 8 of us at home now. even if i were to return the family dynamics will have changed. chico is gone, dany and jonny hope to get scholarships to go to university and/or work next year (school starts in february) and they would be leaving home. jose thinks he may get another teaching position further away.

mimi said that as soon as patricio retires they are outta here leaving the boys to fend for themselves. don't know how soon that would be, eitel is only 14 and now mefi is 16.

2 comments:

Erin said...

So I guess this family was a precious gift for this particular season.

Can you trust Him to provide even this need in your heart when you return to Canada?

Forgiven said...

we have friends for a season and then they are gone. but i trust Him with everything and He promises to give me the desire of my heart. when i am thinking in human terms i don't always think of it like this but He is the desire of my heart.