Saturday, June 23, 2007

healing prayer

i'm taking the alpha course right now and last wednesday night the topic was healing. the leader asked if anyone had any knowledge from God to speak it out so whoever that might apply to they could go to that person for healing prayer.

several people said different things. i was really hoping someone would say something about backs but no one did. a lady sitting a few tables away from me with her back turned to me said that there was someone that had a problem with their lymph glands. i gotta say that kinda took me by surprise.

when she said it i got sharp pains across my whole groin area. i'd never had them before. i looked upward and in my mind thinking ok God i know i have a problem there You didn't need to make me so painfully aware of it.

eventually i got up to speak to this woman. she did not know me, i did not know her, i had never spoken to her before never mind telling her anything about my illness. i told her that i had a problem with my lymph glands. she said it had been on her heart all week and she had been praying about it. she said i had a serious problem in my groin area. at this point i would've said whoa! freaky, except i got these really sharp pains all across my groin again. and again i looked upward wondering why God had chosen to remind me by giving me the pain. now this really was weird. how could she know except that God had told her. i told her i had lymphoma and she asked what that was. she knew i had a problem with my lymph glands, she knew that i had a serious problem in my groin area, yet she didn't even know what it was, just that it was. weird.

this morning i was wondering about the 2 times i got the pain. i'd never had it before and i haven't had it since. i wondered if God was telling her that someone had a problem and if she was asking God if the person wasn't aware of it to let them know (by way of stabbing pain). hm.

1 comment:

lori said...

Hi Teri,

Here's the name & number for the foot lady -

Katherine 820-3917