Saturday, June 16, 2007

spm bbq

ok so i chickened out.

i was working in the kitchen cooking & cleaning for a father / daughter banquet which was before the single point ministry (spm) bbq. we got everything ready for that then started on the spm bbq stuff. i was not entirely comfortable thinking about going to the bbq, in another area of the church, so i kept working in the kitchen. they kept trying to kick me out to get me to go to the bbq. i finally went with the intention of getting a coffee, saw 100+ people that i didn't know and went right back to the kitchen. and stayed there. i knew about 5 people, the 2 leaders who were outside working the bbq, 2 women & 1 guy but couldn't see them in the crowd.

i'm not the type to just sit down at a table full of strangers and start making conversation. i'm not the best conversationalist at the best of times, never mind with people i don't know.

i worked my tail off in the kitchen and it felt really good to be physically active but i could barely get out of my truck when i got home and then i massaged my body with a535. lol they kept telling me to take a break but i knew if i did that would be the end of me. all in all it was a good day.

No comments: