Friday, December 28, 2007

working at sally ann

i volunteer in the kitchen at salvation army every thursday morning. i start the day bagging fruits and vegetables for the clients. the donations vary from day to day but we always get bread and buns. when we have so much of an item we just leave them in cases for people to help themselves. we put everything on rolling shelving units and the clients can help themselves.

yesterday we were busier than usual so i took one of the shelving units outside. men were instantly attacking the shelves above me and on both sides of me to get at the food and i was getting knocked down. i could hear a man tell the crowd to let me get back inside. it was kinda scary and made me think of what must happen when people panic.

some people just want what they want and to hell with everyone else.

the best part is serving coffee to everyone while they are having lunch.

last week a lady asked if she could hug me and pray for me. she said she never hugs anyone. she had lived in vancouver's east side and she said her life and memory were destroyed there but that God had resurrected her into a new life in Him. she prayed that God would double His use in me. it was a switch but it was cool.

i love working there.

No comments: