Friday, September 23, 2005

so tired

wednesday night i did homework until 11.50. last night i did homework until 12.30 am. then i woke up at 5 to talk to God for an hour. i woke up again at 10 to 7. flew out of bed, had a quick shower, inhaled my breakfast and only drank 1/2 of my coffee. the lady of the house told me i didn-t have to run and i told her i was late, i couldn-t finish my coffee cuz i didn-t have time. i almost ran all the way to school, looking over my shoulder, hoping a taxi would go by so i wouldn't be too late.

i arrived at school at 7.45. there were no cars in the parking lot. there was hardly anyone in the offices, no one in the classrooms. i went back to the office to ask where everyone was. they said it's friday so no hurry. i wondered if this was a cultural thing i hadn't heard of yet. i sat in my classroom to study and a secretary walked by. she is from victoria so is fluent in english. i asked her if people started work late on fridays. she wondered why. as i was explaining because everyone was late she asked if i did not know the school hours.

lights go on. school starts at 8.00. i am so tired. i had been thinking school started at 7.30 and i was 15 minutes late. i am so used to getting up at 5.00 am.

it's no wonder people shake their head at me. the boys at home just say oh teri and laugh.

No comments: