Thursday, September 22, 2005

SOARING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sept 15. went for a walk today and what started as a very ordinary morning turned into an amazing day. one day last week i was walking home in my hurried cdn. walk with my headphones on listening to worship music. it was getting dark and i thought i was alone on the road so i was singing out loud. if you know me you know i can't carry a tune in a bucket. i felt somone's presence behind me and turned to see a woman close behind. i took my headphones off and explained that i was listening to christian music and although i couldn't sing i loved to. she said that explained why i always walked along smiling. however i had never worn my headphones walking and certainly never sang out loud before. she said she was walking to el gallito but she turned off before amparo. she said it was a different route.

i walked that route today. it was incredibly beautiful. to me. green trees, green fields of sugar cane, yuca, grass. i heard a sound and stopped to listen. it was God whispering through the trees. another sound - a bubbling brook. it so touched my heart it brought tears to my eyes. i wanted to just sit down in the dirt in the middle of the horse trail but i knew if i did i would've spent the day there and not accomplish what i had set out to do. i continued walking, sniffling away, trying to hold back tears.

i came to a fork in the road and took the high road even though it was a way less travelled. after awhile i wondered if i was lost and thought it wouldn't matter if i was cuz God knew where i was. i emerged on another road and came to a bridge. i heard God whispering through the bamboo and stopped to look at the creek below me. i watched as 2 cows walked over to the stream and i stood there eyes closed and was praying when i felt anothers presence. when i finished i turned and saw a man walking towards me. i thought i may have appeared a bit strange and continued on my way. weird as it was my previous sniffly, runny nose had stopped.

i had come out on the road to el gallito and as i appeared walking from the opposite direction the principal asked if i was lost. i haven't had such an amazing day in a very long time. and it's all in the company you keep and yet to others i appeared to be alone.

it was hot, humid and completely overcast and a most wonderful day. it was a day of thanksgiving. for everything, for sounds, for sights. a bird watched me and was chattering away excitedly. i was talking to it and thought if any one had seen me they would've thought me strange. but when i said moo to a cow i thought ok that is strange.

i heard God whispering in the wind in the trees, in the bubbling brook, gave thanks out loud as i walked along, talked to Him and spoke silent prayers standing in the middle of the road. and my heart soared.

i felt so much love for God i wanted to cup His face in my hands and kiss Him. then i wanted to put my arms around Him and squeeze the stuffing out of Him (that's what i do and say when i tell my grandchildren i love them so much.)

i can see that day in my heart.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Wow!!!

Forgiven said...

oh yeah it was an incredible wow!

Miss-buggy said...

Wow Teri. That is amazing. What a wonderful day with God. I love how He comes to us. In the simplest ways. I am so glad that you stopped to listen. Wow.