Tuesday, November 30, 2004

shortchanged

yesterday i got on the bus, said my destination and paid my fare. santa rosa is a transfer station and after that you have to have a ticket or pay more money. i know the fares now and had noticed that some people got tickets and some didn't. i didn't but figured i didn't need 1. a short distance later i noticed the driver looking at me then his helper asked me for a ticket. i tried to tell him the driver hadn't given me one. he didn't speak any ingles and i couldn't explain myself but God to the rescue there was a girl beside me who spoke enough ingles to translate. the driver said i had paid 480 only to santa rosa. i said no i had paid 880 to go to san carlos. we both said we were sure of the amount paid, confirmed where i got on and where i was going. the driver decided to let it go and we continued on. needless to say when i got money out for the bus in san carlos and discovered i had made a mistake i felt awful. the worst part was that i wear a cross and it bothered me no end that anyone would think that anyone that would wear a cross that would signify their love for Christ would rip them off. i know i will see him again. then i will be able to pay him the 400 colones (just over $1) and if he did think i was a christian that ripped hiim off then he would understand that the significance of the cross does mean something. it may just be a $1 but the sin of the least is equal to the greater sin and He died for each one.

No comments: