Tuesday, November 30, 2004

you don't know me

my daughter is not a christian, yet. last week she said that she knew me. she suggested maybe i should come home. she does know i have a humungous fear of spiders and suggested this might not be the best place to try and face my fears. this actually is the best place to face my fear. i am closer to God than i have ever been and i am closer to the biggest spiders i have ever seen in my life. if not with God where else could i face my fears.

i told her she doesn't know me any more. we haven't seen each other much over the past few years. i have only been a christian for 5 years (it's never too late to turn around a wasted life) and my biological family doesn't understand my love for God and my need to follow Him. i told her the people that know me now are my family in Christ. mat 12.45-50.

2 comments:

James Goudie said...

sounds to me like someone in your family cares for you. don't shut them out completely. help them understand.

Forgiven said...

oh never. i pray for them on a regular basis. and although my mom is quite old and may be past the point of an earthly understanding God is not of this earth and He can change her unbelief. she likes to hear me talk about God if only because she sees the joy it brings me.