Friday, October 22, 2004

fear

10/18
if you want to walk on water talks a lot about fear. at first i was writing NO beside fear but now there's a whole chapter on it. for me it all goes back to yesterday's blog. mark 12:30 = love. not fear. love = joy, fear = no joy, fear = worry. my life is filled with joy and no fear, no worry, then on page 128 it says 'according to current research most worriers tend to have high capacity imaginations... above average iq's.... and much creative potential." that let's me out - maybe there's something to be said for being simple minded. my mind is not filled with fear, worry, doubt, guilt, loss of self esteem. for all those things i don't have my heart is filled with love and joy.

i have often wondered why i feel such joy and others don't and someone, whose opinion i truly value, once told me that i just feel things more deeply than other people.

i do try to avoid conflict so i guess there is some fear involved there but it would be so rare.

let me clarify - i am saying no fear as it relates to doing something for God, getting out of the boat. it just seems to be that there can't be any fear in serving God. He fills us with love and He gives us the joy, the strength the whatever it is we need to do for whatever it is He wants us to do. if we leave it all in His hands - no fear. it's only when we try and depend on our own abilities that we might fear failure.

complete surrender brings the greatest love and the greatest joy.

2 comments:

Sue said...

I think too that the fear becomes secondary when we have such an overwhelming desire to reach Jesus and be right beside Him. 'I see you coming toward me Jesus, walking on the water through the storm, and I'm going to get out of this boat and run on the water to be with you.'

Forgiven said...

and i do. i long for more of Him. it´s a sweet ache in my heart, in my whole being.