Friday, October 22, 2004

today

10/19
was pretty cool. i went to josefa's and took yrlin and jeffrey to school for lunch. mary wasn't there so there was no problem. i know josefa understood where i was taken them although i didn't have a clue what she was saying to me. even though we don't speak the same words we know our hearts understand each other. yrlin reminded me of my youngest grandson brett. (they're both 8) he saw me, his face lit up and he ran towards me to hug me. awesome! i could feel their anxiety as we walked into the school yard and the only thing i could think of to say that i knew they would understand was don't be afraid - Jesus is walking with us. they were dirty and i felt like a mother hen wanting to protect her chicks if they were made to feel unwelcome.

mary was there when i took them home and i told her there was no more school this week but that the boys should go to school every day for lunch. she said yes again but we'll see.

No comments: