Friday, October 08, 2004

going home

date 04.10.04

we all packed up and took a taxi to the bus station. mimi and danny stayed with all the luggage and jose and i went to see if we could buy a used monitor. we walked all over downtown san jose. there is so much poverty. we walked through a huge market. it reminded me of scenes on tv of a market in the orient, very narrow passage ways that turned here, there and everywhere. we found the internet cafe and as i wanted to send mail i was reminded of danny and mimi waiting for us at the bus stop.

you could feel the climate change the closer we got to home, hotter and more humid.

it has been a very busy week, excited to come, stressed to pack and move everything, sleepless nights, last night i fell in to bed - they had my room and bed all ready waiting for me and woke this am to chico calling my name.

it is good to be home. for as much as this is my home in costa rica my heart is with you all in canada.

No comments: